TBC is a Church that is totally committed to:
- The Great Commission
- Transforming Lives
- Fulfilling Destinies
A place where the hurting, discouraged, confused, bound and frustrated can find love, acceptance, guidance, encouragement, forgiveness and hope through our Lord Jesus.
Our Core Values
The three (3) core values of TBC are:
Our pillars are:
- The Word of God
- Fervent Prayers
- Spiritual Worship & Music
- Care & shepherding
- Family Values
- Evangelism & Church Planting
A three-part ‘Declaration of Principle’ forms the basis of understanding for all who belong to the Baptist Union. It was introduced in 1873 with the intent of holding in Union Baptists with widely different theological understandings, and progressively refined (1904, 1906, and 1938).
It is rooted in Jesus’ Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) with its threefold pattern of authority, baptism and mission. The first clause of the Declaration focuses on the absolute authority of Jesus Christ, with clause two on baptism into the life of God. Clause three is all about mission.
The Basis of the Baptist Union is:
1. That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy
Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
2. That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried, and rose again the third day’.
3. That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world.